Thursday, October 30, 2008

ER visit and 12 month Dr. visit

We have now taken our first trip to the ER with Caleb. We made it a whole year but just barely!
Monday after his afternoon nap he woke up with a froggy sounding cough and runny nose. That night he had a fever that kept going up till it reached 105! I put him in the bath and called the nurse. She said since it was so high we needed to take him to the ER. We had already given him Tylenol an hour before the high fever. So about 9:00 we headed to TC Thompson. By the time we got there his fever was down to 102. They did some blood test and x-rayed his chest but everything turned out fine. By the time we left there he was feeling much better. He just had some kind of virus. The next day he was fine all except for a runny nose.

Anyway, yesterday I took him for his 12 month check up. He got 4 shots..poor baby! He weighs 20 lbs. 10 oz and is 29 inches long. This is in the 25th percentile on the growth chart. He had been running in the 50th percentile so now he has slowed down quite a bit. He only grew a quarter of an inch since 9 months! I just thought he would have been a little taller by now. At least now we get to use the new car seat that sits forward facing! That makes me a little sad...it means he isn't a baby anymore!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh my!! I hope that he is feeling better! You know that Kyle came down with the croup on Monday after playgroup. I hope that he did not catch it!!!

Alicia said...

Poor little guy! Sorry he's been so sick. I hope he gets well soon.

Also, if Caleb is fairly content rear facing I would highly recommend extended rear facing. It is so much safer. I can get you more info if you'd like. Every new step farther from rear facing 5-point harness (turning forward, going to a booster, using only the shoulder strap/lap belt is one less step from being as safe. Our kids will be in a 5-point harness until they are about 7-8 years old! Joshua is still rear facing too!

LeeAnne said...

Yikes! Whenever a visit to the ER is warranted, that always makes me thing something is very serious. (Thankfully, we haven't had to go to the ER yet.) I'm glad Caleb is OK!