Tuesday, October 14, 2008

When Will Caleb Walk?

I am happy to say that we are all feeling better this week!
Caleb has been waking up some during the nights since he has been sick. When he was sick and would wake up we did go in to hold him or feed him since we knew he didn't feel well. Now, it is a different story! He has learned in this short time if he cries we will come. We have followed a book that says if you want your baby to sleep through the night you have to let them "cry it out". This does work and he has been a great sleeper ever since we did that when he was around 5 months. Now, we are just having to go through that again and I hate it! Tonight will be the 3rd night which this process is supposed to take at least 3 nights for it to work.
Let's hope he sleeps all night or that I can be strong and not give in to go hold him!!

Now, the question is: When will Caleb Walk? He is cruising around here so much faster and he has actually taken a couple of steps on his own. He just needs some more confidence to let go even more. I was hoping he would be walking on his own by his birthday which is the 26th. My mom and I went today to buy him his 1st pair of walking shoes. He has been wearing Robeez shoes but he needed some shoes to go with his birthday outfit for his picture so I bought some white Stride Rite walking shoes. My mom bought him some brown shoes since he obviously needed more than one pair....right?? ;)
So, we are all ready for him to take off and I'm ready to start chasing....even more so!

No comments: