Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Caleb!

Today my baby turns 1 year old. It's so hard to believe that it's been a year. It has been fun to watch him learn new things and develop. I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. I had a planned C-section due to the fact that he was big. I was given the choice by Dr. Brody to have the c-section or be in labor for possibly a long time then still end up with the c-section. I was glad of my decision after he weighed 8lbs 11 oz and was 21 3/4 inches long. The Dr. said I made a good choice when he got Caleb out. I also had gestational diabetes so the Dr. said that usually makes for a bigger baby with broad shoulders so Dr. Brody said it is safer for the baby to have a c-section. I figured why take the chance on hurting him during a normal delivery. My whole experience was great and recovery wasn't bad at all. I even enjoyed my stay at the hospital.
Here are a few pics from his birth. I will post pictures of his birthday party later.















3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Caleb!!! I hope that he had a great party! It is hard to believe that he is already ONE!!

LeeAnne said...

Happy birthday, Caleb!! That first year really FLIES by, doesn't it?

Alicia said...

Happy first birthday, Caleb! I hope y'all have had a fun time celebrating! It's amazing that he's one already!