Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Day of Preschool

Today was my first full day of being a Preschool teacher. I along with one other teacher am teaching 3 year olds. Before I even quit working full time I had this plan of working in a preschool or mothers day out type program in order to make a little extra money. I just had to wait till Caleb was old enough to attend with me. It worked out that it's 2 days a week and the days that I wanted so that I can still attend a Bible study that I like. :)
So, today went well in my class. Most of the kids are well behaved and will learn quickly the routine of the day. A few...well...let's just hope they are better next week!!

Caleb is in the 1 year old class. He seemed to enjoy it so much that he did not want to nap during nap time. I figured this would happen and really I'm just not sure if he will ever nap there. I hope he proves me wrong!! I think this is a good thing for him with structure and learning. He will go to a music class once a week and I really think he will love that. We'll just see how the next few weeks go as he adapts to the routine. He was pretty cranky after he rested a while this afternoon.

Here are a few pictures from our first day.....

Before leaving for school

this is what he did when I told him to look at me ( sorry a little blurry) I just had to include it b/c it's so cute. :)

This is in my class room before I took him to his class (he has a little plastic bear- used for counting)


I had the director take this picture for me during lunch.
2 cute little boys side by side!


I think they look cute sitting at the table.
I do think he ate more lunch here than he does at home! :)


3 comments:

LeeAnne said...

Cute pictures! Congrats on your new job - I'm glad it's going well so far. It sounds like it's a perfect fit for you ... and for Caleb!

becky bell said...

Glad it's going good so far! Hope it though select few are better for you next week. Caleb is a cutie as always!!

Angela said...

What cute pics!! I'm so excited b/c Andrew is all better and we are both ready for tomorrow!! :)