Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Caleb's Learning

I am going to brag about my boy for a while.....It seems like everyday Caleb has learned something new. I am just amazed at how much he can learn now. For a while now he has been learning the alphabet by looking at the letters on starfall.com. He will point to the letter he wants to look at it and I will go through the letter and do the game at the end. He will then show me the next one he wants. He can say the letters- A, B, C, D, E, I, O, T, U. He will say the sound of these letters instead of saying what the letter is- F, H, M, P, S, V. When he says a new letter I'm thrilled and make it known that he did something great! :)
He can also count to 3.

Another thing he can do is stack a tower of cups or blocks. He has done this since he was a year old but now he can actually reach the top to put the last cup on the top.

Here are a few pictures to show him building his tower....




For some reason he likes to put the cups on his feet and try to walk. I think his Daddy showed him this one time and he never forgot about it. :)


As his feet get bigger he will have to use a larger cup. HA

This is my old sticker book from when I was around 6 yrs old. Caleb has been putting some of these old stickers (from 1982-notice Wonder Woman & Heathcliff) onto the pages. He also just likes to look through it like a book.


He climbed up onto the chair himself to look at the book on the table


I put these 2 pics on here mainly for family to see what Caleb did his first week at preschool.
I probably won't be putting his craft on here every week though. :)

3 comments:

Angela said...

That is awesome! Way to go, Caleb!!

You have GOT to get him the Leap Frog Letter Factory DVD. It is like $10, and seriously, it is what taught Andrew his ABCs before he was two. No joke. Get it!!

LeeAnne said...

What a smartie! Maggie used to do the same thing with the cups on her feet ... we called her the Cup-Footed Monster. :)

becky bell said...

Great job, Caleb! Love the cups on the feet, too cute!