Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg Trip

We have spent the past 4 nights in Pigeon Forge, TN. We were blessed to be able to use a time share condo for a mini vacation. It was a nice spontaneous trip that was much needed for the 3 of us! My parents came in to spend the last night with us and half a day today (Wed). We were able to go on a short hike, let Caleb ride the kiddie rides, and enjoy some good meals. There are lots of pictures and I just had to share them all. :)

Here we are eating in Gatlinburg at an Italian place. I liked that they had crayons and paper to color on while we waited on the food. Caleb ate a whole bowl of noodles!


He loves to talk on the phone.


Our 2.5 mile hike. This was Caleb's first hiking trip. He loved it! At the end of the trail was a nice waterfall. Caleb fell asleep in the backpack on the way back down.


I love how he is looking at me in this picture. :)


Riding the train

Caleb loved riding this train. He has started saying "Choo choo" while holding his fist in the air.


This was probably his 2nd favorite ride...the swings. He loves to swing so no surprise there!

He really surprised me that he was NOT scared of any ride we put him on. He just sat down and had this bored look on his face most of the time. I think he was tired and just didn't care what we made him do! HA!

I have to say it was a weird feeling to put my baby on these "big" rides without me with him. Parents weren't allowed to ride most of them since they are made for the little ones.



He loves Thomas! He would not stay away from this train. After each ride he would head back over to this .50 cent ride. He eventually started hugging the face of Thomas. I wasn't able to get a picture of that but it was so cute!


He didn't really like the horse.

He was ok with the giraffe.

I really thought Caleb would freak out on this ride..the farris wheel. I was wrong! He did just fine and did not care that he was in a cage all by himself. He did however get stopped at the very top while the other kids got unloaded first. He got out of his seat belt and stood up to look down. Of course he could not get out of the cage as it was locked from the outside but still I was nervous. He was fine and seemed to enjoy this.

This is to show how big it was. Caleb is at the very top in the yellow one.

He got bored on this ride before it was over. He was wanting to switch horses.

Driving the dump truck

Outside of our condo

We made my parents come just so we could get a family picture! HA HA

Gatlinburg

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Looks like y'all had fun! You know, as much as we've been to the Smokey's we haven't gone hiking! Crazy to think that!
Don't you love that little amusement park? Rebekah loves it. Joshua didn't care last time we went b/c he was starting to walk well and that is all he wanted to do. Caleb looks so little on those rides!