Tuesday, February 3, 2009

15 month checkup

Last Friday Caleb had his 15 month check up. He is still around the 50th percentile in weight and height. He has pretty much stayed right around 50 except for one time he was more in the 25th percentile. He now weighs 23.6 lbs and is 31 inches. He grew 2 inches since 12 months old and gained a little over 2 pounds. His head measured 50 so his head has always been a little on the big side. I wonder what that means? Smart maybe?? I think so!! :)
He also was given the DTaP shot which I thought..no big deal only one shot this time! Wrong! Saturday around 1:00 am he woke up with 104 fever. His fever has gone up and down since then. Today I thought he was going to be better so I waited a while to give him medicine and sure enough after his nap it was back to 103.
Anyway, this is considered a side effect of this vaccine and could last up to 4 days. So, tomorrow if he still has a fever we have to go back to the Dr. since it could be something else.
Other than the fever he is fine and will play like normal once it has gone down a bit.
I am about to go crazy being in the house since Sat. My parents came and took over for a few hours Monday so I could run some errands. I have also had a cold but am feeling better and want to get out now!
I love being home with Caleb but some days I get so bored of the mundane stuff that we do each day. As soon as I sit down he wants me to read to him or play with him. He really has wanted my attention so much more lately. I can do my household chores but it's not long till he's following me with a book or just wanting my attention.
At least I do get some alone time during his 2 hour nap each day!

He usually will get in this cabinet to bring me the Ritz box but now he has learned he can get himself in the cabinet. Here is a picture from today..

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Too cute!! I love the picture! I hope that you both get to feeling better soon! We missed you last night!

LeeAnne said...

I have a similar picture of Maggie sitting in our tupperware cabinet around this same age -- it's fun but frustrating at times, isn't it? Glad Caleb got a good checkup!