Thursday, August 11, 2011

Grace Elizabeth

A month later and I'm just now posting about the new addition to our family. Grace Elizabeth arrived on July 12, 2011 at 10:20 am. She arrived 2 weeks early by a planned c-section. She weighed 9lbs 11 oz and 21 inches. This is why she was 2 weeks early and by c-section!! She has been an amazing baby so far. Since we have been home she has slept very well! She even sleeps 8 or more hours at night! I am hoping she will always do this!
The c-section went well but not as great as with Caleb. The part I dreaded the most was the iv and that part went great with no pain. The epidural was not as great and it took a while for them to get it right and so it was more painful this time around. It was a little scary!! Overall it just felt more painful to recover this time. I am doing fine now except had to get on blood pressure meds but hoping that won't be for life!
Caleb seems to be adjusting well and loves his baby sister. He doesn't like it when she cries so he wants me to check on her whenever she makes the slightest noise.
I am loving have the 2 at home and love that I have a boy and girl!!



Jim just had to take one last picture of the pointy belly!! lol




Before going to surgery.....I'm not scared ...ha















First time holding Grace....he wouldn't touch her at the hospital.




No comments: