Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Using a Fork/Animal sounds

Today as we were eating lunch Caleb kept reaching for the fork on the table. I have let him hold the fork before with caution as he can easily poke himself. Today he acted like he wanted to eat with it instead of just playing with it. So I showed him how to stab the food and he did the rest. I had to help him get the food on the fork then he would eat it. He eventually started trying to stab the food himself but I still had to help him to get it. Now I have to go buy some kid forks since all we have are spoons!

He has started making some animal noises that he has learned. He will make the noise for elephant and lift his arm(like the trunk of the elephant does). He will go "mmm" for the cow saying Moo. He is trying to say Kitty for our cat who is named Kitty. He won't say Meow but will just say something like "kikikiki". He will roar like a lion and tiger. It's just all so cute and new to me. I love how he is able to learn things and do them now. He still hasn't said any clear words but I know it won't be long till he is talking! He already jabbers all the time....going to take after his Daddy I believe. :)

Here are some pics of him eating...







He decided to play peekaboo with his bib after he ate

1 comment:

Carrie Poe said...

That is so much fun when they start making animal sounds and saying names of animals. I know you are having so much fun with him. It is exciting to watch them catch onto new things and learn new sounds and new words.